Guide to "Brudberget" bouldering area
KLAAN Climbing Club - 1999
The area is located in the island of "Ingarö" about 20 km east of Stockholm.
This doesn't mean you should expect bouldering on a beach with the sea in
the background. That might have been accurate if you had come here
earlier...say 2 000 years ago.
On the contrary the area is in the middle of the woods. It doesn't get very
shady though since the forest is more or less park like in front of the
The development of the area began during the summer of 1997 and most of the
work was done by DD, Stefan Pettersson and Micke Meyer.
The area is dominated by a relatively low, slightly overhanging wall. The
problems are either on this wall, on several levels, or on a number of
boulders. The rock type is granite and the rock is in many parts polished by
both ice and water.
The landings are mostly good, although there are exceptions... Feel free to
bring a brush since the lichen, in places, grows really fast.
- No eliminations, except when noted in the guide.
- The grading is to be seen as a guide to how difficult the problems are
in comparison to each other.
- The problems are named by the cleaner or in agreement with him/her.
- All projects are "open". Anyone can try any project.
- Grading is done after consultation with climbers of different height.
If a problem is extremely height dependent, this should be considered. Ex.
The problem is one grade harder/ 10 cm the climber is taller than 170 cm.
- Show respect to the people living nearby.
If you have any questions about "Brudberget", send an email to
Getting there - Area map